TakeRoot Justice seeks a Front Desk Coordinator to be the primary staff person for TakeRoot’s reception desk. The Front Desk Coordinator will serve as TakeRoot’s ambassador and first point of contact for visitors to our office and individuals who call our main phone number. This position will also help maintain the office environment by assisting with general office administration tasks such as ordering supplies, managing conference rooms and office equipment, and sorting mail.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Front Desk Coverage
- Create a friendly and professional environment for clients, partners and staff.
- Greet callers and visitors courteously; answering or referring inquiries based on knowledge of staff and activities.
- Track and report front desk activities as directed.
- Special projects or tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Responsible for daily upkeep of facilities. This includes working with Office/Facilities Manager and COO to ensure that the office needs of staff are met.
- Provide reports/logs of office issues as requested by supervisor.
- Communicate issues and collaborate with admin staff to resolve issues.
- Manage office equipment including copiers, fax machines, etc. Maintain equipment list of all equipment and assist employees with troubleshooting machinery problems and arrange for service when necessary. Log issues and service calls.
- Maintain inventory of supplies including office, legal, shipping, janitorial. Coordinates orders with Office Managers. Monitor expenses and report to supervisor.
- Support administrative onboarding of new staff, including requesting building IDs, and setting up their desk and office space.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Support Conference Room usage, including setup and cleanup for meetings.
- Maintain TakeRoot’s phone directory and office seating map/floor plan.
- Serve as a point of contact with building management and security, and enter visitors, vendors and other guests into the building’s online portal.
- Participate on TakeRoot committees and in overall TakeRoot governance and operation.
- Support Practice Areas for community outreach including client and event scheduling.
- Assist with data entry when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of office support experience or High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years of office experience, including administration and facilities.
- Strong judgment, highly developed problem-solving/analytics skills, and project-management skills, and a keen focus on continuous improvement.
- Welcoming, and with positive experience communicating with the general public and diverse clients.
- Ability to be flexible, team player and interface professionally with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Experience with and/or commitment to grassroots efforts working towards social justice.
- Enthusiasm for working in a democratically-run organization
Benefits & Compensation
A competitive salary and excellent benefits package is available, with generous vacation, personal, and sick time, along with industry-leading medical and dental coverage. TakeRoot’s staff are on a fixed salary scale, and the salary for this position will be determined based on years of relevant experience in accordance with the scale.
This is a bargaining unit position represented for collective bargaining purposes by the National Organization of Legal Services Workers, UAW, Local 2320.
TakeRoot Justice is an equal opportunity employer. TakeRoot encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, people from low-income backgrounds, and people with personal experience with the criminal justice system. We strongly encourage applications from people with lived experiences in the communities we serve.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Wendy Baez. The subject line of the email must include: “Front Desk Coordinator.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.