TakeRoot Justice was founded in 2001 and provides legal, participatory research and policy support to strengthen the work of grassroots and community-based groups in New York City to dismantle racial, economic and social oppression. Our partners take the lead in determining the priorities and goals for our work, and advance our understanding of justice.
During a period of transition on our Fiscal Team (June – August 2020), we are seeking a part-time, short-term Bookkeeper to assist manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, monthly vouchering and expense reimbursement requests from funders and performs other bookkeeping functions in Intacct software. This job will be remote given the current circumstances, though experience with New York City nonprofits and government vouchering is preferred.
- Performs all bookkeeping functions in Intacct software, including:
- Manages the complete Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions, including entering receipt and disbursement transactions into Intacct, printing checks, tracking and controlling A/P and A/R
- Maintains the general ledger chart of accounts and classifications
- Processes staff purchase and reimbursement requests
- Records journal entries as needed
- Reconciles bank statements
- Maintains electronic and paper financial records and supporting documentation (receipts, invoices, etc.), ensuring approvals
- Processes 1099 vendor forms annually
- Monthly vouchering and expense reimbursement requests from grant funders
- Preparation of financial reports and analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- 3-5 years’ experience as full-charge bookkeeper or staff accountant
- Proficient with Sage Intacct.
- Nonprofit experience desirable
- Government vouchering/reporting experience a big plus
Please send a detailed resume and a brief cover letter including two references and hourly rate range to email@example.com. We seek to fill the position by early June, and applications will be considered on a rolling basis.